Saturday, June 6, 2009

Kuzzy wins!!!



Congratulations to Svetlana Kuznetsova for her French Open title win over Dinara Safina today!

I was so torn between these two...one, Safina, trying to prove her world number one status by finally winning a major (Slam) title, and the other trying to prove that she's not a "one-slam wonder", having claimed the U.S. Open several years ago as her only Slam title.

Kuzzy had the poise today, and as a result, the better game. Classy ladies, both. Well done, ladies!

4 comments:

chickelit said...

Congratulations ladies! But I still miss Steffi Graf!

Trooper York said...

Wow! Her nickname is Scuzzy! That's not nice.

I mean in baseball we had Walt No Neck Williams and Pizza Face Andy Ectebarren and Scuzzball Ross Grimsely but I thought tennis was more genteel. So to speak.

Trooper York said...

Oh sorry I misread that.

Her nickname isn't scuzzy.

Just her look.

My appoligies. Carry on.

blake said...

I think I'm overloaded, between the Red Wings, The Fed, Nadal, Sotomayerling--wait, I may be confusing two different sports.