Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Alrighty! What now?




So...last I left things, I was a wee bit upset at a major sporting disappointment. But remember how I hinted at having some other sports to fall back on? Yeah...like my Tigers, right? Well, they're getting ready to lose three in a row now as I'm watching the Cards have a field day in only the sixth inning, ahead 11-1. Not lookin' too promising there, guys! (And I am not mentioning the name of the team that scored the previous two wins, either. That city is now on my list, if you know what I mean. Heh.)

And then there is Roger. So you can kind of forgive me for posting the hot pic, right? A girl needs some inspiration right about now.

Speaking of Roger Federer...Wimbledon is right around the corner. I'd really like Roger to take back his crown there. He lost it in a tough, heartbreaking, instant classic five set match against Rafael Nadal (remember him?) last year. Dare I ask for another sports dream to come true this year? Yeah. I dare. To dream, anyway.

7 comments:

chickelit said...

Well this should be interesting bait.
Don't tell me you're not playing the numbers game now.
You're headed for the big times now Darcy! :)

birdie bob said...

I'm sure those 2 wins will help the Pirates finish above .500 for the first time in 16 or 17 years (I forget the exact total since it's sort of mind-numbing)!

Darcy said...

Bob: Shhhh. What Pirates? :)

I'm going with Blake's idea...if I didn't see it, it didn't happen.

And lol, El Pollo. That's a pic that I took myself of The Mighty Fed, so I doubt I'll get any traffic on it. Unlike the traffic I got on Chucho and Patty Schnyder.
That was kind of cool!

birdie bob said...

I wish Jim Leyland was still managing the Buccos but he left when he decided that the new ownership was not committed to winning.
And I don't remember you taking my picture! :-)

Darcy said...

I'm very sneaky that way, Bob.
Nice hat. ;-)

chickelit said...

When is Wimbleton?
Are you OK about it so far or do we need another code word like Denny's? :)

Darcy said...

Wimbledon starts Monday.

I'll have a post about it tomorrow, but no...so far, I can talk about it, El Pollo. No code words this time. LOL.

Sweet, though!